Geovision/Alarm Integration

  • Subject: Geovision/Alarm Integration
  • From: "kw1816" <kw1816@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 15:02:33 -0000

I sort of decided that it was time to retire the MV1000 and so I
picked up a Geovision GV750 card second hand.

Just curious if anyone's running the Geovision software with an
alarm system input/output ? Specifically with Comfort but the
principal would be the same for any alarm panel.

I've never been able to get software based motion detection to work
well for me, especially for the front of the house that gets the
afternoon sun moving through trees, so I was planning on using the
alarm PIRs as the trigger.

My thinking goes:

Comfort detects motion from one of the external PIRs and sends an
output to the Geovision input thingy which then records the
appropriate camera feed.

Trouble is I'm not sure what additional hardware I need, I had a
quick scan and there seems to be lots of different Geovision
input/output cards and modules.

Any kind soul wish to offer any advice ?

Ta
Kevin.