Re: Xap Desktop

Hi Darren,

This we're hearing as a frequent cry and in a fit of drunkenness and
bravado one dark night a couple of weeks back I offered to write such a
thing .... Needless to say I got a half way and stalled. I will revisit
this in the next few days and see what I can come up with.

Kevin

PS  If you've managed to change your desktop background and can forecast
the weather then you have fully exploited everything xAP has to offer
anyway haven't you  - big ;-) - Plus you've got great career prospects
in an after the news slot on the BBC.   xAP is maturing very nicely
currently and the support from the major HA apps and commerical products
is encouraging - I know it's still a bit of an 'enthusiasts' thing to
get to grips with though and we're trying bit by bit to change that.
What I would recommend  is that we do welcome any '"xAP
wannabe's" ,
with even the most basic questions on the xAP Automation group - and
we'll get you rolling - after all there are another dozen people who
will learn from such posts so please ask away.....

Kevin

Darren Thrower wrote:

>Can anyone point me in the direction of a sort of idiots guide to
installing
>and using xAP?
>
>I've been downloading all-sorts and getting no where!
>The best I've done is managed to change my desktop background and see
what
>the weather's like (using xAP Desktop and Weather respectively)
>
>I'm not a developer (best I can do is writing simply websites) but
would
>like to get tv listings, callers phone numbers & webcam/cctv images
like on
>http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=45
>
>Thanks
>
>Darren