From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Kevin Hawkins
Sent: 14 September 2005 11:53
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Xap Desktop

Hi Martin,

Given you have several (more than one) xAP application running on your
PC you must have a xAP hub launched as the very first xAP application - I
always recommend using xAP Viewer as a hub to start with so you can
familiarise youself with xAP - (Viewer shows everything that happens). When
correctly launched and operating as a hub it will say xFX Hub in its title
bar.  Later you can replace this with a background
(service) hub.
Yes there are potential issues with firewalls if they are enabled as all
of those apps recover data from the internet to display and communicate
with
each other via IP if they are on different PC's.
However you can just 'allow' the apps in the firewall config , or some
firewalls prompt at launch.  I am around this afternoon all day and monitor
the xAP Automation Yahoo groups so if you don't have any success I can help
you there. xAP Desktop is one of the more complex xAP applications to cut
your teeth on but worth the time.

Kevin