RE: Re: [OT] ish Plastering over old sockets

  • Subject: RE: Re: [OT] ish Plastering over old sockets
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:25:57 +0100

OK, I see. I have a couple like this in my kitchen (cable into
choc-block) which are now covered by double gang blank plates (by a
previous owner). They don't look pretty though. Can you re-route/run new
cables to get rid of the join? I don't see any reason not to leave the
back box still on the wall (with no cable in it) so I wouldn't bother to
hack that out, just plaster over. Unless, of course, it's where you
might want to put a shelf etc. in the future.

Cheers,

Tim.