Re: Wireless LANs - MIMO

  • Subject: Re: Wireless LANs - MIMO
  • From: "Geraint Williams" <aclcsc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 21:15:27 -0000

not tried one yet, but apparently they do boost 11b signals by about
30-50% in best conditions.

I'm planning on an access point in next couple of weeks as i'm
replacing my router for a Netgear VoIP jobby as i've also signed up to
SIPGate and this best suits my requirements, but means good old belkin
home gateway goes into the storage boxes along with plenty of other
Ap's and routers, lol

If you can wait a couple of weeks, i should have mine all up and
running and i have a combination of 11b and 11g in house, and one of
the 11b's is literally 8 foot out of range since i moved the pc, grrrrr

Cheers
Geraint.