RE: Speaker Connections

  • Subject: RE: Speaker Connections
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 23:02:30 +0100

Hi Brian,

I assume you mean a patch panel for Node 0, if so, take a look at the
following parts on CPC's website http://cpc.farnell.com

EN81002 	1U-16 HOLE 19" RACK PANELS	?5.63
Unfortunately CPC's website is total **** and it doesnt show up but you can
order it!

You can see what it looks like here...
http://www.penn-elcom.com/ProductList.asp?ST=R1269%2F1UK%2F16&MD=S

AV09133	4 pole Speakon Socket	?2.20
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=AV09133&N=411

AV09774	4 pole Speakon plug	?2.66
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=AV09774&N=411

The connectors have 4 poles so can either be used for a stereo pair or
biwired/biamped speakers. Totally touchproof and you can repatch anything
in
seconds without any danger of shorting things out or getting wires the
wrong
way round.

These are very robust connectors and are the standard connectors used on
high power sound systems.

Havent finished my patch panel yet so cant show you a photo!

Regards

Keith