Re: Network Storage SC101

September the 12th according to

http://www.broadbandstuff.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=449

Not long ;-))

Ian

"David Cole"
<davecole_uk@btin        To:       ukha_d@xxxxxxx
ternet.com>              cc:       (bcc: Ian Bird/CV/Novartis)
Sent by:                 Subject:  [ukha_d] Network Storage SC101
ukha_d@yahoogroup
s.com

06/09/2005 14:14
Please respond to
ukha_d

I know that there has been alot of talk about network storage
recently, I have been very tempted to take the plunge and go for some
Slugs.

Today I saw the first Netgear SC101 in the UK.

http://tinyurl.com/c6l2h

This little beauty really does everything that I'm after.

It connects over the network but then can be seen as a standard drive
on all the networked pc's or just those that have access rights set.
It can show all the drives as a single letter i.e. a number of drives
just showing as a single big one or split into numerous sections.
It has mirroring not just across the drives in the unit but also
across SC101's
It comes with automatic synching software so no I can keep that back
up of my pictures and music.
Some of the technicalities baffled my but the guy demonstrating it did
say that it could stream five movies to five pc's at the same time.

It's not yet available, I did try to get it in my bag, but it is
definitely on my Christmas list.

Dave