RE: Speaker Connections

  • Subject: RE: Speaker Connections
  • From: "christopher purves" <CHRIS_PURVES@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 11:00:16 +0000

Eeek - T&E for speaker cable - surely you should be using diamond
encrusted
platinum cables with a coating of snake oil  - the hifi purists will be out
to get you!

Seriously, I bought a load of speaker binding posts from maplin (the ones
with two banana plugs holes - one red one black), a 19 inch rack
blanking-plate off ebay and rolled my own using a bench drill. Terminate
your T&E in crimped tags and attach to back of binding posts (they have
thread and a nut to hold tag in place).

Chris

>From: "Brian Milton" <bmilton@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: [ukha_d] Speaker Connections
>Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 11:52:22 +0100
>
>Hi,
>
>I want to make a patch panel for my speakers.  I just don't know what
type
>of connector to use.  I ran 2.5 T&E for my speaker cables around
the house.
>I'm just wondering what would be a good type of connector to use.
Solder