RE: Caller ID and MCE - is there a solution?

  • Subject: RE: Caller ID and MCE - is there a solution?
  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <gsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 07:51:52 -0400

Not really... Currently, the only real solution for CID on Tivo seems to
be YAC, either with an internal modem (if your tivo has one that does
CID) or with it on another machine, sending YAC messages to the tivo.

I do it with the "xAP NetCallerID" app and the "xAP OSD to
YAC" app,
both services, running on my main server.  But you would need the meteor
app rather than the NetCallerID app, depending on your locale and what
is available there.

I am working on a couple of Tivo xAPplications, for control/status
monitoring and OSD, but they haven't gotten far yet.

Glenn

Slim
> > players
> > (Slimp3 and Squeezebox)
> >
> > *http://tinyurl.com/8uaax*
> >
> > Kevin
> >
> > John Andrews wrote:
> >
> > >Hi Group
> > >
> > >Yes, I have looked at the archive, but am still none the
wiser, can
> > >anyone recommend a half height modem that works with Windows
Media