Re: OT? - Advice on audio recorder for recording seminars and training courses?

  • Subject: Re: OT? - Advice on audio recorder for recording seminars and training courses?
  • From: "Stephen O' Leary" <s.oleary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 10:01:16 +0100

John Andrews wrote....

Steve

I can recommend the Archos devices (I have owned several) They can record
mono or sterio either using their inbuilt microphone or via a fly lead mic,
so it could be well hidden. It will record for hours at a time and with
20+gb disks in them .... 40 hours should be enough.
In fun though anyone sitting through a 40 hour seminar - hehe - you will
buy
a time share, you will..... A time share you will buy.
Thanks John,

A friend has recommended these too since I posted the question.

The Creative Zen Vision looks great too, big 3.8" colour screen for
viewing photos, can take a Compactflash card (my 2gb gard for my canon 20D
camera still gets full quickly when travelling), can play videos back, not
that I would see myself using it much.

Only problem is that it is in backorder as is just released and I need a
recorder for Oct 18th at a conference.

Always hate to buy something when something better is just about to come
out...oh hang on, thats what we have all been doing for donkeys years.....
Dont feel so bad now.

Steve