RE: BBC iMP

  • Subject: RE: BBC iMP
  • From: "Robert Chasmer" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 12:45:13 +0100

Mark McCall wrote:
> Biggest problem for me is how to output it to a TV.  I'm so used to
> playing everything thru the xbox.

Same here.  I was hoping that someone would have had a work around to
modify the files for playback on the xbox by now :-(

I bought a TV card with digital and analogue tuners which stores files as
MPG.  They work well on the xbox, but I just need to sort out the software.
 The scheduling software that came with it is apauling.  If only I could
also do all the scheduling from the xbox, and then the server just act as a
dump recorder/storage area.

Back to the BBC trial, my feedback will be that it is essential to unlock
the ability to playback on other devices.  When compared to other home
recorders and PCs, that don't use DRM, the BBC tool sucks for anything more
than occasional use.

Rob
--
/ ___   / /  /  / __    / _____ HOME: rob@xxxxxxx