Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: Autoglide & X10

Help!: TV distribution not working. Pls help.

  • Subject: Help!: TV distribution not working. Pls help.
  • From: "christopher purves" <CHRIS_PURVES@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 07:23:34 +0000

Hi All,

Sorry for the long post but hopefully clear.

I have a labgear HDU681 8-way tv distibution amp (
http://www.labgear.co.uk/pdf/hdu.pdf
) that I am trying to use to distribute
TV, FM, DAB and Sky+ around the house. I also have a satelite dish (quad
LMB), TV aerial, FM aerial, DAB aerial, Sky+.

Both distribution amp and Sky+ are located in node zero (as are the feeds
from all aerials) and I have even used a labgear PSW122T (triplex plate)
in
node zero ( http://www.cyberselect.co.uk/range/368
) to make my installation
look exactly like the one in the labgear manual (normally the Sky+ box
lives
int the lounge hence the need for the triplex plate).

Now to my problem. If I don't wire in the TV aerial to the amp everything
works fine (although the little blue light next to the uplink doesn't seem
to come on - not sure if it needs to) and I get Sky+ in all 8 rooms. The
second I plug the TV aerial in Sky+ dissapears. Take it out its back.

Wiring the TV aerial directly into a TV gives a beautiful picture.

I have checked the signal and shield on the TV are not connected also.

Anyone any idea what might be going on ?

Could my TV Aerial signal somehow be too strong causing the Sky+ box to
shut
off ? Does the Sky+ retune its output if it gets a signal near its normal
output channel

I am really at a loss to understand what is going on.

Thanks for any suggestions

Chris