Latest message you have seen: Re: {Disarmed} RE: Re: Philips Living Colors LED lights - automation?

Re: Fw: Stair Lighting

As requested, 3 pictures uploaded to "An LED Project" (sorry for
poor
grammar!) folder on Yahoo's groups site.=20

Notes:=20

First 2 pics are just illuminated with the pure blue LED light.  Its
not as bright as shown (the camera gives it a long exposure - 2secs at
ISO 100). But it's pleanty enough to give a nice gentle illumination
to see by at night when heading to the bathroom. Any more and it would
be too bright.  6 LEDs each is (I think) 8000 mcds.=20=20

Home brewed construction but too neat to photo inside now!

Second photo shows just how strong the colour cast is - the walls
nearest the camera are white not bright red - camera has tried to
adjust the white balance.  Just put this in for info.=20=20

Third photo is taken with the halogen spots on (50w each) gives a
better persoective of the relative power.=20=20=20

Other - leds shine through 6mm sandblasted glass sheet set into top of
wardrobe panels.  Automatically switched on via PIR visible on the end
at ceiling line (PIR wired to a zone on Comfort, powersupply is an x10
addressable unit: Comfort issues the X10 on/off command).  Originally
I had a normal 12v powersupply linked to a normal X10 AM unit but it
was in the loft above the bed and the relay made an annoying thud
(easily audible through 12 inches of insulation). X10 powersupply is
quiet but there is clearly a tiny leakage through it because even
'off' the leds have a very, very faint glow (only just perceptible
once you have some 'night vision'). Not a problem though.=20

Hope this gives some idea.=20=20

Regards

Richard

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "JT @ Home" <Jonathan@j...> wrote:

> Ian / Richard,
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> Pictures!!!
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> Jonathan.
>=20
> You know led's are THE choice lightsource for the nerd!
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
>   _____=20=20
>=20
Behalf Of
> Ian Lowe
> Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 1:00 AM
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> Subject: RE: Fw: [ukha_d] Stair Lighting
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
>=20
> You could do a lot worse than use IKEA's new Trettoine lights.
>=20
> For =A320 you get four strips of leds which clip together in a variety
of
> fashions, a wee 12V supply, and metres of cable - 3/4 sets would do a
> typical staircase and they look *awesome*
>=20
> We just redecorated our computer room... Painted the room black
(including
> the ceiling!) then used two sets of the blue leds (so, eight strips in
> total) as effect lighting.
>=20
> Very cool :)
>=20
> Ian.
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>   _____=20=20
>=20
> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS=20
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> *	 Visit your group "ukha_d <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ukha_d>
"
> on the web.
>=20=20=20
> *	 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>=20=20=20
> *	 Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
 Terms of Service.=20