Latest message you have seen: Re: Photos of Home Automation

Re: Fw: Stair Lighting

Hiya,
What about strips of these... http://tinyurl.com/dslo8

You get a 240 -> 12v step down brick that then splits into a
distribution block and 4 hookup leads each going to a strip (that are
about 12" long) - you could run each strip separate from the
distribution block - or plug them end to end.

Each strip is 'D' in profile, about 8mm wide and of clear plastic. It
has a strip of pcb running down the length. Each pcb has 12 surface
mounted LED's (I've got the blue ones) which seem remarkably bright!.
I've currently got it as an under shelf light on my 'puter desk at the mo.

I guess there's no reason why you couldn't run them end to end down the
length of your stairs (or along anything else for that matter!).
oh and you can get them in blue, white, red and green (iirc!).

The only thing I wondered is if you could get the strips separately to
order rather than buying 4 + power block each time (although I guess not
from Ikea)...

Wayne.

<SNIP>