Latest message you have seen: Fw: Home Auotmation on my house started today

Re: Fw: Stair Lighting

If you look up on the Micromark page (someone else posted a link
earlier) you can als find the 'Twilight' range.  These are stainless
steel barrelled leds (range of colours including white available).
There are a nmber of different sizes (15mm, 30mm and 40mm).  The 15mm
has a single led mounted behing a ground glass front (waterproof for
outside use too).  <ounted by drilling a 10mm and pushing the 30mm
long barrel fitting into the hole (15mm is the diameter of the
stainless flange at the end - its quite flat <1mm - so fits nice and
flush.) The 30 & 40 mm ones are the same - just have more LEDs.

For night use I would thing that a 1 led one on each tread would be
fine.

(I've got several boxloads of the above bought in a sale a while back
waiting for me to get round to fitting in to decking - another one of
those jobs...)

Alternatively (and cheaper), its pretty easy to build your own
fittings with led and resistors plus a 12v supply.  I did such for a
wardrobe which illuminates the dressing room through a ground glass
pannel at the top of the wardrobe unit via PIR trigger. 6 blue leds
give plenty of illumination at night.  (Ground glass panel had the
unexpected advantage of providing illumination into the wardrobe
during the day too.)  I can post a pic in the gallery if interested.

Regards

Richard

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/product/product.jsp?tb=&CATID=167541&entryFlag=false&PRODID=7780325&paintCatId=