RE: Xbox dash & XBMC build recommendations

  • Subject: RE: Xbox dash & XBMC build recommendations
  • From: "Des Gibbons" <des@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 15:50:02 +0100

> It's a long while since I last tried out XBMC, and it came
> courtesy of a friend who was really into it in the early
> days. All the talk on list has rekindled my enthusiasm to try
> it out so before I resort to Google, can anyone point me in
> the direction of good sources for dashboards & XBMC?
> Ideally I'm looking for an image I can simply download and
> FTP to the Xbox if possible.

As Glenn states xbins is the place.

With a standard xbmc build, you just have to edit the config file for your
settings, network, shares etc and then ftp it to the xbox. You can also set
xbmc up to be a dash although I wouldn't use a bleeding edge version of
xbmc
for this :)

If you want to set up a different dash and xbmc, there is no image you
simply download and ftp, unless you get one of the installer disks and use
that to install everything. If you don't need an installer disk, I wouldn't
recommend one.

Cheers, Des.