XBMC support for DVD menus

  • Subject: XBMC support for DVD menus
  • From: "Des Gibbons" <des@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 20:44:09 +0100

Well, I finally got a chance to clear some space on the server.

I made an iso from a dvd and placed it on the server, it was in a share
that
xbmc has access to.

Browsed to the iso file using xbmc and played the file.

The opening sequence displayed, and then the menu came up and was fully
working, able to change audio track, turn subtitles on, view trailers etc
etc, success. I am sure there will be many bugs in the short term, but I am
so glad they finally have this feature available.

So, to those of you who have been looking for the ultimate dvd-iso network
player, it is XBMC.

Cheers, Des.