Re: Re: OT: What to by on my first trip to the US ?

GPS hardware is cheaper but only really if you get it over the Internet
(ship to a US address) and it is not a Tom Tom. Beware maps though - I got
mine with all the US maps and even after spending 150 quid on European maps
it still worked out the same as buying it in the UK with just the UK map. I
have been travelling a lot however and used the extra maps. This may not be
true for you.

I have bought some hardware to encode video to DVD on a computer, MP3
player, soldering iron (650 bucks but way cool), Samsonite bag and a bunch
of other bits that have kept me poor.

Ian

"Ho Yin"
<yahoogroups@hoyi        To:       ukha_d@xxxxxxx
n.co.uk>                 cc:       (bcc: Ian Bird/CV/Novartis)
Sent by:                 Subject:  [ukha_d] Re: OT: What to by on my first
trip to the US ?
ukha_d@yahoogroup
s.com

05/10/2005 11:23
Please respond to
ukha_d

OQO +1

Is it cheaper out there? I would have thought the exchange rate would
have made it very enticing ...

Plus it is tiny so you can easily smuggle it in ...

But if you don't want one .. get me one!

GPS should work worldwide so there will be no difference where you buy
them.

Ho yin