Re: Re: OT: What to by on my first trip to the US ?

Jim Noble wrote:

> Do the US GPS devices support OS grid output? Can sometimes be
useful...

I have a Garmin etrex bought from the US (via ebay), it does indeed
support the OSGB datum and grid format (along with many others).  This
is the basic non-mapping version (maps are continent-specific, and I
believe European ones are actually cheaper when bought with a new unit
in Europe), though I believe that the firmware responsible for languages
and datums is international.

I'd suggest downloading manuals from the manufacturer's website as a
good way to check for these relatively obscure (at least in US marketing
terms) features.

Kim.