RE: OT: What to by on my first trip to the US ?

  • Subject: RE: OT: What to by on my first trip to the US ?
  • From: "White, Peter" <peter.white@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:05:52 +0100

It depends on your 'needs'.  On my last trip I came back with 20kg of
DeWalt
tools, but then I'm building a house, so had an excuse ;-)

iPods and the like don't seem to work out much cheaper; you may save
15-20%,
but it's not a massive saving, particularly if you want to have a proper UK
charger, in which case the saving is diminished.  That said, the BOSE stuff
is a lot cheaper, even in the Apple Stores, so the iPod may be the
exception
to the rule.  Not sure on the PDAs & GPS; I do know that the GPS system
had in my last hire car was absolute crap, so I'm not sure if GPS is quite
as prevalent in the US as it is here.  If I was going back out there, I'd
buy some more Sonos gear, some speakers, and some more power tools, and a
big Samsonite bag to hide them all in*

Pete

* If anyone from C&E is reading this, that's obviously so that
everything is
in the same bag to allow for an easy import declaration, obviously I
wouldn't go through the green channel, ooh nooo.

_____