RE: In Ceiling speakers - tips?

  • Subject: RE: In Ceiling speakers - tips?
  • From: "Craig" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:09:53 -0000

Thanks Tracy, Peter & others that replied.

> I've boxed all my speaker and downlighter locations in with
> plasterboard in order to maintain the fire-stopping integrity
> of the ceiling, if nothing else.

Tracy - can you explain in a bit more detail how these were constructed?
What did you use to join/seal/fill them?

Any pictures?

This is not a new build, but a retro fit. I have the luxury of a new
ceiling going up, so I can do pretty much anything from below, but I
don't have access from the floor above.

> I wouldn't bother installing ceiling speakers a different
> distance from each adjoining wall.
> The different spacing would offend my eye more than any
> supposed difference in audio quality would offend my ear!

This is how I interpreted this, the x & y distance should be different,
and atleast 2' from a wall:

.  O       O  .-

And w (distance between speakers) should be 6' to 10'