Latest message you have seen: RE: Re:In wall touch panel heights to comply with building regs

Re: Home Wiring Advice Sought

> First you mentioned CAT6 it has tighter installation tolerances and
more
> expensive patch panels/sockets. For most requirements CAT5e is more
than
> adequate and a lot cheaper to buy/install/terminate.

I was planning to pull Cat6 physical cables but initially to terminate and
use it as if it was Cat5 until I have equipment and an application which
needs to use all four pairs.

> I first used fibre around 20 years ago for installation in large
computer
> room complexes=85.guess what 99% of it was never used and the 1% that
was=
used
> has now been replaced by CAT5E. So I don=92t really see the point of
fibr=
e in
> the home either.

Many thanks Mick.

> You haven=92t really said what you are trying to achieve

A flexible general purpose bus for home voice, data, control and
entertainment (but not security which will have dedicated wiring).

Tony