Latest message you have seen: Secuyou Wireless Security System Locks Your Doors and Windows with Press of a Button

Re: X10 entertainment

Finally got round to trying this install again.. Did as Jamie suggested,
wiped the whole lot and started again, still NBG until I discovered that
the CM12 had a blown fuse.  Tried again, lots of whinging from Windows
about an unknown device; "the driver is probably later than 95 or
ME";
and finally 'cannot find .inf file', but suddenly burst into life.  Hoo
bloody ray.

And all I wanted to do was to turn the hall light on and off....
Thanks to all who helped.

Martin

Jamie Bennett wrote:

>On 11/12/05, Martin Howell <martin.howell@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> Testing the interface on any port always produces a
>> comms failure message, so it can't see the interface.  Not only
that,
>> the software now hogs the cpu to the extent that the machine is
unusable
>> - tried it on two different PCs, one with XP and one with 2003
Server,
>> same result.  The process that eats up the cpu is called
X10com32.exe.