Latest message you have seen: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Home_DIY_Rack_Wins_Creator_a_=A320K_Car?=

RE: Re: [OT] Eclipse ADSL problems

  • Subject: RE: Re: [OT] Eclipse ADSL problems
  • From: "Craig" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:00:02 -0000

> Yes we have three accounts with multiple static's all now
> back up. I do know of others who are still off though. Like
> it said in another post I think you need to lodge a ticket
> and get some sort of reset. If I've been told correctly it
> then takes around 2 hours to come back on line.

Im back with static also. It was explained to me the problem was a
'stale connection' in the BT wholesale system. The BT infrastructure
thought I was already logged in, so I couldn't establish a new
conenction after Eclipse fixed the problem at 07:30. My router kept
looping at the authenticate state, until Eclipse requested a manual
clear down of the 'stale connection'.

They can easily detect these stale connections using a BT tool, by
typing in your details into a BT system, but I guess there is no
automated way for them to do this, so they have to wait for people to
call in (if they can get through) to trigger the clear down.