Latest message you have seen: Re: Shipping from the US of A

Re: [OT] Eclipse ADSL problems

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Eclipse ADSL problems
  • From: "neil624875" <neilball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 14:55:43 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Jim Noble <yahoo-groups@b...> wrote:

> Groups wrote:
> > Could you answer me too! I have to say despite being a loyal
customer of
> > Eclipse for many years their outages lately have got ridiculous
(I know
> > some have been linked to this local area) and once upon a time
they used
> > to answer the phone! The only saving grace was that our leased
line in
> > the office here (With Eclipse) stayed up and I could also use
the O2
> > GPRS service.
>
> Just read somewhere that it's back up now.
>
> > Time to start looking seriously at some other ISP's offering
static
> > IP's..........
>
> At the risk of heading even further OT, I'll recommend Zen
> (www.zenadsl.com). I've been with them more than 2 years now, and
can
> only remember experiencing a few minutes of downtime (that wasn't
caused
> by BT or a local problem). They have a backup dialup number as
well I
> think...
>
> Jim

Well it's not back up for me - I'm suffering from a stale connection
at the exchange and am waiting for it to be reset. Not normally a
problem when I can get through to someone at tech support but this
time the phones are in meltdown. It does seem like Eclipse are
becoming victims of their own success - their telephone support
simply cannot cope when there are problems affecting more than a
small minority of their customers.

I've also confirmed that there is no backup dialup service - if ADSL
goes down then you have to use a 3rd party service provider to keep
you ticking over - this is a pain with regard to email asit means
either having lots of email accounts and remembering which to use
with each wervice provider or manually editing each account you want
to use each time the service provider changes.

Neil B.