Latest message you have seen: RE: [OT] Web n Walk T-Mobile

RE: [OT] Power to a portacabin

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Power to a portacabin
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:41:14 -0000

Alex,

Is this for home or for work?

Overhead wires are ok for power etc but a trench may be safer (no danger
of a delivery lorry / crane driving through it, although any further
excavation would need to be carefully supervised).

As an aside, the BP petrol stations on the A3 are being refitted ATM and
the tills are now in a portacabin. Cables to the cabin are run over a
scaffolding frame / ladder for the 10m or so between the original
building and temporary booth. A scaffolding tower/bridge might be a bit
more substantial (and visible) than a catenary wire if you decide to run
the wires overhead.

HTH,

Tim.