Latest message you have seen: RE: [OT] Web n Walk T-Mobile

Re: Party automation

  • Subject: Re: Party automation
  • From: "Patrick" <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 16:13:01 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@u...> wrote:

>   Since initially dismissing this with thoughts of  P appearing at
UKHA
> with a 'headgear' version (and an accompanying carer) I find myself
> strangely drawn to the idea  (not the hat version).  As a highly
> efficient 'in wall' type dispenser it must have a realworld
residential
> application if it looked cosmetically nice. I'm sure a certain retired
> fottballer might like one.
>    One thought with the peristatic pumps - you would need some form of
> air supply back if you were drawing from bottles (to relieve vacuum)
- I
> assume most of these are intended to draw from collapsable bags or
just
> circulate.

Good point. I think you can address this issue with the right kind of
stopper in the top of the bottle (in a production environment it would
have a small one way valve, in my environment it'll be a small hole in
a cork and the bottles will be kept in a cupboard.

> I assume there are electrically operated optics also.

In many ways this would be the ideal solution. If the do exist, I
haven't found them yet. Not too hard to manufacture, I'd imagine, but
a nightmare to homebrew (ho ho) reliably. It takes a surprising amount
of force to operate an optic...

P.