Latest message you have seen: [ADVERT] InFocus Screenplay 4805 + Brand New & Boxed Lamp

Re: X10 and Ir remote

  • Subject: Re: X10 and Ir remote
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 06:53:10 GMT

In article <VA.00001ac5.00e6f193@xxxxxxx>, Ian Oliver wrote:
> I guess I need to look at siting the RF receiver where it'll be the
most use
> for the areas that I'm not covering with Ir receivers.

Hmmm, even with the RF receiver in the open (but still near a wall) I'm
getting
about 8 feet of reliable range even when in the same room.

Do I have a duff unit? Wife says that we might as well use a bamboo pole to
turn the light on and off!

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire