Re: X10 entertainment

Hi Phil,

Sorry for sounding grumpy, spent a fair while yesterday wrestling with
the software so a bit peed off as a result. Also, I'm quite prepared to
admit to being stoopid.   The unit came from Lets Automate, the drivers
were downloaded from the same source - it took a while to realise that
extra drivers were needed, I had assumed that they would all be on the
disc that came with the device.  I initially attempted setting it up
using the serial port, with no success, and only then went looking for
the USB drivers, with various lockups throughout.  I will try wiping the
software and starting again with a calm mind :-

Martin

Phil Harris wrote:

>>Only nothing works.  The active home software that comes with
>>it (and which I used before for several years)
>>

>Which version have you been using? The current version (which works
with XP
>/ 2003) is 1.42.
>

>>doesn't come
>>with any drivers for the USB cable that I paid an extra
>>tenner for, had to download some from god knows where.
>>

>Assuming that you either bought the unit from my employer
(LetsAutomate) or
>have the same USB cable that we were supplied with by the manufacturers
then
>the drivers for that device are located on our own website and linked
>from the CM12 webpage so there should be no need to be downloading
drivers
>from "god knows where". If you did not download the drivers
that were
>specified for your USB to serial cable then are you sure you do have
the
>correct drivers?
>

>>Testing the interface on any port always produces a comms
>>failure message, so it can't see the interface.
>>

>That is quite possible - what COM port is the USB to Serial interface
set up
>as?
>
>Do you have the ActiveHome software set up to access that port?
>
>Do you have a spare serial port on that machine (or on another machine)
that