Latest message you have seen: Re: CurrentCost external install

Re: Recommendations for Freeview boxes and Digital Radios?

  • Subject: Re: Recommendations for Freeview boxes and Digital Radios?
  • From: "Andy Whitfield" <andywhitfield2002@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 16:34:09 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Craig" <lists@t...> wrote:

> > What makes have UKHA'ers got?
>
> http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/freeview_netgem.html
>
> Get a cheap USB-Ethernet, and you can control your home from your
TV,
> via the built in web browser. It will display CLI when your phone
rings,
> etc.
>
> http://www.endpoint.freeserve.co.uk/iplayer/
>
> I have heard reports that it crashes, but I have 2 running latest
> 4.2.23c software, and no crashes/lockups yet.
>
> For 50 quid I don't think you can beat the netgem in terms of
features
> and picture quality.
>
> http://www.telephonesonline.co.uk/details.asp?prodID=1000

Thanks for the info.
What's the advantage of accessing the internet via the Freeview box
compared to using a PC?

I've seen Top Up TV mentioned.  Do you have to have a subscription
for top up TV?
One thing I'd like to do is to watch a bit of England cricket
matches which I think are now all on Sky?  But I don't want to
subscribe to a package.  Is the anything available where I "can pay
as I go" when watching Cricket/Sky sport?   But no subscription - a
bit like pay as you go mobile phones.  I found something on the
internet where you could pay for a whole match but that is no good
to me as I could only watch a few hours here and there.
Andy