RE: Mains Noise - any truth in solutions

  • Subject: RE: Mains Noise - any truth in solutions
  • From: "christopher purves" <CHRIS_PURVES@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 15:18:36 +0000

Thanks - I will give that a go although I think the comfort engineer is at
the house at the moment (I am at work) so asked him to check his end at
least. It is annoying it seems to come and go. At the moment it does sound
like adsl may be the culprit.

Am I correct in guessing that removing the adsl router would stop the noise
even without the filter ? That is there must be an adsl 'conversation'
going
on to get the noise?

Thanks for all the help !

Chris

>From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Mains Noise - any truth in solutions
>Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 14:46:16 -0000
>
>Hi Chris
>
> > The POTS line comes in to node 0 and is terminated in a BT adsl
master
> > socket (adsl + pots sockets with a front that comes off type).
>
>OK. Thats the type I was on about.
>
> > The adsl socket is used by a linksys wireless router (this was a
> > smoothwall pc based firewall until 2 days ago) and the POTS
socket
> > is not used as
>
>Still OK
>
> > .... comfort is wired into the master socket
>
>WHERE ?
>
>As long as it is on the IDC connectors of the Faceplate (marked A &
B or 2