Re: Re: [OT] Possible bulk buy on 128 by 64 graphic displays with touch screen

  • Subject: Re: Re: [OT] Possible bulk buy on 128 by 64 graphic displays with touch screen
  • From: ian.bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 09:25:14 -0500

Hi

That sounds like a challenge then ;-)

In truth the current design specs are a little different between the units
so direct competition/comparison is not fair. The units we are proposing
would effectively present an API to the world and have limited or no built
in brains or storage as far as a self contained menu system goes.

I would like to take you up on your offer of the loan unit when I get home
at the end of November. Assuming it is still OK I will mail you then.

Thanks

Ian

"bty727563"
<derek.kennedy@btin        To:       ukha_d@xxxxxxx
ternet.com>                cc:       (bcc: Ian Bird/CV/Novartis)
Sent by:                   Subject:  [ukha_d] Re: [OT] Possible bulk buy on
128 by 64 graphic displays with touch
ukha_d@yahoogroups.         screen
com

09/11/2005 07:51
Please respond to
ukha_d

Ian,

The full command set can be seen at http://www.simmetry.com/inslit2.asp

You don't need any external electronics to use this ... just a
regulated 5VDC supply and RS232 to send in commands/receive
touchscreen output.

The units ships with a really neat built-in 'touchscreen keypad' data
entry utility. There is also a nice 'rolling demo' mode that comes
pre-supplied and runs on 1st power up of the unit.

All the brains for this display are in the PSoC chip - I suggested a
few ideas to the author (Dave) and he incorporated them in a later
release (he sent me a new PSoC chip).

Both display contrast and brightness can be set via commands sent over
RS232. Don't know if there is a landscape/portrait flip.

A great little unit. I think that anyone would be hard pressed to do
as good a job with an AVR chip as Dave has done with the PSoC.

I do have one spare ... happy to loan this to you if you would like to
play/experiment.

Derek.