Re: Re: [OT] Possible bulk buy on 128 by 64 graphic displays with touch screen

  • Subject: Re: Re: [OT] Possible bulk buy on 128 by 64 graphic displays with touch screen
  • From: ian.bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 07:32:43 -0500

Hi Derek

This is a very interesting site as the display I am getting is the same one
by Optrex judging from the picture. Can you tell me more about the command
set and how he presents it to the outside world over 232. Are there any
brains built into it or do you need some electronics beside whatever is
supplied. Can you control the backlight brightness and does it support
landscape and portrait orientation. Any infor would be really useful.

Thanks

Ian

"bty727563"
<derek.kennedy@btin        To:       ukha_d@xxxxxxx
ternet.com>                cc:       (bcc: Ian Bird/CV/Novartis)
Sent by:                   Subject:  [ukha_d] Re: [OT] Possible bulk buy on
128 by 64 graphic displays with touch
ukha_d@yahoogroups.         screen
com

09/11/2005 06:55
Please respond to
ukha_d

I've been using a 128x64 display from the guy at www.simmetry.com
This supports touchscreen, text and graphics over RS232.
Interestingly, he uses a PSoC as the controller for this.

A bit pricey on the website at $129, but he lists these on ebay.com -
I got a few at around the $70 mark.

Derek.