Re: Nokia 770 Internet Tablet

  • Subject: Re: Nokia 770 Internet Tablet
  • From: Mark J Cox <mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 15:11:11 +0000 (GMT)

> Hey anyone tried one of these?

It's got a lovely screen and is perfect for HA (why I got mine) but has a
few niggles.  The Opera browser as standard doesn't work particularly well
with tivoweb (need to fix tivoweb so it can defeat the caching).  I also
had to play with my wireless network to boost the signal as with it's
embedded aerial it doesn't get as great a signal as the same locations
with a Point 1600 +Orinoco wireless card.

The only real unsolvable problem is that there is no docking station, and
no real ability to add one later (no docking contacts) and I really would
have liked to mount it in a cradle on the wall.

Mark
--
Apache Software Foundation ..... OpenSSL Group ..... Apache Week editor