Re: mp3 Squeezebox or Roku display units

  • Subject: Re: mp3 Squeezebox or Roku display units
  • From: "egelbeertje" <r_d_k@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 10:31:36 -0000

Hi Jonathan,

That would be an option, but then again, does something like that
exist ? I could solder some things together no problem but I cannot
write the sw needed to drive these things.
It could be a nice application for one of Ian's tiny blue screens :-)

rgds Rob.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "JT @ Home" <Jonathan@j...> wrote:

> Surely for just a visual indication of what track is playing a
serial VFD
> would suffice?
>

>   _____

Behalf Of
> egelbeertje
> Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 3:55 PM
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> Subject: [ukha_d] Re: mp3 Squeezebox or Roku display units
>

> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Nick Shore <nick.shore@m...> wrote:
> >
> > egelbeertje wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > My current audio setup consist of a Xantech smartpad in each
room
> > > driving a receiver in node0 for each room. Every receiver is
> hooked up
> > > to the same source devices (mp3 jukebox/cd/dvd/tape/etc)with
> speaker
> > > wire going back to every room.
> > > I would like to add a sort of display device in a few rooms
> see
> > > what's playing in respect to mp3's. I thought about a small
car
> tft
> > > monitor but distances are too big for vga (+ I then would
want
> touchpad
> > > control and the lot) so came the idea when I saw the new
> squeezbox 3.
> > > (flat/wall mountable/vu meters/drool....)
> > >
> > > Unfortunately I cannot route back the audio output from a
> > > Squeezebox/Roku to my node0 amp (distance)
> >

> > Are you certain ?
> >
> > You should be able to send line level or digital audio back over
> cat5
> > with no real issues - cue Mr Doxey
> >
> > Nick.
> >
> Hi Nick,
> it's solid masonry walls and concrete floor so no way of getting a
> cat5 from here to there without serious drilling (again)- at the
time
> I didn't put enough cat 5 I know, that's why the wireless in these
> devices looks attractive - but I don't want to send audio wireless -

> I tried (before the wired smartpads) to use some powermids but even
> over 10 meter, the signals were not failsafe for IR(+ I still would
> need to hide the transmitters etc and since it's solid walls, I
cant
> hide it in there either.)
> Rob

> High
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=High&w1=High&c=1&s=10&.sig=DgnMlGNz5BA8

<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ukha_d>
"