Re: [OT] Possible bulk buy on 128 by 64 graphic displays with touch screen

I have lots of questions, and since you *did* offer to answer some... :-)

I'm quite happy to write my own C application, but soldering is not my
thing. With that in
mind, what would be involved in building something like this? Would I be
right in thinking
the PIC would be on a separate board (that you won't supply), and the board
you're talking
about producing would connect to the PIC board? Would this be a plug-socket
connection or
a soldered connection? Would I have to build the board for the PIC from
scratch?

I've been thinking for a while I could do with several of these. Is this a
difficult
project for somebody who knows little about electronics but has a
programming background?

Can you recommend anywhere for buying the bits I'd need?

What PIC/compiler and other bits will you be using? (just so I can see an
example of what
things I would need). Can you recommend a compiler? (linux or windows) Or
does that depend
on the particular PIC?

Are any of the PIC books worth buying, or would I be better off just
jumping in?

I have a lot of reading to do...

Thanks,
Paul