Re: mp3 Squeezebox or Roku display units

egelbeertje wrote:

> Unfortunately I cannot route back the audio output from a
> Squeezebox/Roku to my node0 amp (distance) so the question is as
> follows :
> 1) Can I use the squeezebox/Roku to just display the current song
> playing on my pc audio server and

ISTR you can get multiple slimp3 boxes synchronised playing the same
thing. So presumably you could have 2 squeezeboxen sync'd up and just
not bother connecting the audio output of the 2nd one. Perhaps you can
even synchronise a single squeezebox with softsqueeze?

> 2) could I use the unit to generate
> playlists etc while keeping the Xantech Smartpad as primary controller
> for volume and source select etc. (now I just push NEXT to get a
> different mp3 but it would be nice to see which one you're gonna get
:-)

Maybe this is something you could do with xpl/xap?

Jim