Re: Sony CDs, DRM and Windows Media Center Edition...

Calum Morrell wrote:

>Mal Lansell wrote:
> Downloaded music is not an illegal item in the UK.
>
>Downloaded music is not illegal in the UK as long as the source it
comes
>from is deemed legal in the UK. Allofmp3 is considered illegal in the
UK
>by those with the power to act. What they are missing is the
legislation
>being strong enough to give them the ability to do anything useful
about it.

The music is obtained legally in Russia, and is imported legally to
here.  AllOfMp3 would be illegal if it were based in the UK, but it is
not.  If they are missing legislation to stop people doing it, then by
definition it's not illegal...yet.

> So if they change the law I stop doing it.  Fine.  Until then, I can
> carry on with my legal downloads.
>
>Sorry. I don't make a good ostrich.

I'm not avoiding the issue, or pretending it's legal.  It is legal
(which is why no-one is being done for this, despite it going on for
several years now).  It will remain legal until the law is changed.
When that day comes, it will still be legal to own the music that was
downloaded up to that date, so IMO, there's nothing ostrich-like about
my attitude at all.

Mal