Re: SCART faceplates and cable

  • Subject: Re: SCART faceplates and cable
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 11:57:56 GMT

In article <dkfb4i+mjl4@xxxxxxx>, Jonsemailstuff wrote:
> Do you really need all the SCART signals?

No, but I do need four video, two audio, and at least one switching.

> You can use 5 runs of CT100 - it's cheap.

And I have a big reel of it, but the cables have to go through a long
hole in a wall, through a loft, down under some floor-boards, out of an
airbrick to go under some decking, through another wall ...

> The other advantage of this is that if you change your setup you can
> always stick RF signals down the same cable.

True enough, but I already have coax (in CT100) everywhere I need it,
but UHF and composite don't really cut it.

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire