Re: SCART faceplates and cable

  • Subject: Re: SCART faceplates and cable
  • From: "jonsemailstuff" <jonsemailstuff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 09:54:26 -0000

Do you really need all the SCART signals? If you are just running RGB
and audio (for example). You can use 5 runs of CT100 - it's cheap.
I've used this to feed a plasma screen apporximately 30m away from the
source with very little degradation of signal. It's easy to terminate
if you use F - Phono - SCART adaptors. You can also run your pin 8
etc. signaling (if needed) using inexpensive multicore cable.

The other advantage of this is that if you change your setup you can
always stick RF signals down the same cable.

Jon

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Groups" <groups@m...> wrote:

> > Has no-one run scart any distances?
>=20
> I've used 5 core red series mini to take VGA and SCART to my plasma.
Its such as long time ago I cant remember the exact distances now but
it was around 15m. Its commercial grade stuff and is going to cost you
around =A35 a meter but I cant distinguish any signal loss. The other
advantage is that it's very flexible so easy to route. I ran a 5 core
and a 4 core length, one for VGA and one for RGB, both are terminated
on a custom made phono patch and then linked to the source kit with
shorter pre-made cables. It's the bottom patch in this picture:
http://tinyurl.com/7u79s.
store www.vdctrading.com or link to the product page
http://tinyurl.com/ar68u=20