Kiosk PC backlight

  • Subject: Kiosk PC backlight
  • From: "James Mitchelmore" <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 21:19:31 -0000

Having gathered dust for quite some time, I=92ve finally got round to
mounting my kiosk PC in the wall it was destined for.  I=92ve acquired a
300mm replacement cable for the video part and extended the serial
connection for the touch overlay with some ribbon cable, both of which
work great.  The problem I have is with the backlight, I=92ve extended it
about 600mm with some 1.5mm silicon cable but it appears not to like it.
The overall image is very dull and fades away towards the right hand
side, it appears as though the tube hasn=92t struck up fully.  My question
is, which I hope someone will know, is whether the output of the
inverter board can be tweaked up a bit to compensate?  There is a
variable resistor marked VR1 on the board but I=92m loathed to touch it
without advice from a more learned soul!
=20
Any ideas?
=20
Regards