RE: DMM Question. Have I done something wrong?

  • Subject: RE: DMM Question. Have I done something wrong?
  • From: "christopher purves" <CHRIS_PURVES@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 10:04:03 +0000

Umm from my basic physics lessons - you measure voltage in parallel,
current
in series. To measure current the meter will have almost no resistance so
as
not to effect the result. To measure voltage it has infinite (ish)
resistance. If you put a meter in current measuring mode across the
terminals of a battery it is effectively shorting the battery.

Chris