Latest message you have seen: RE: {Disarmed} RE: Re: Philips Living Colors LED lights - automation?

RE: [OT] Advice please, may buy house its under pinned, would it be mortgageable?

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Advice please, may buy house its under pinned, would it be mortgageable?
  • From: "Alex Monaghan" <ha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 22:31:17 +0100

If they've done the job properly, then the cause of the problem will have
been found (hopefully documented), resolved and then the underpinning will
be the resolution to the problem.

If you've not got the full facts as to why they've had the work done, then
guess you need to start digging (paper work, not under the house !) to find
out why.

Several of the houses in the area of our last house had been underpinned,
but they sold OK, so I guess it depends on the buyer / lender / insurance
company.