Latest message you have seen: Re: Geovision on mini itx platform

Re: Bathroom shaver sockets

Last week in Switzerland, I found I didn't need my multiple adapters and
the toothbrush plugged straight into the standard Swiss socket. Oddly I
have a Swiss plug in my toolbox and I've just removed the earth pin and lo
and behold, it goes straight into my shaver socket. I leave it as an
ecercise for the student as to how to source a Swiss three way adaptor or
extension lead.

The Swiss use a three pin plug of which the outer two are the power and the
centre pin, offset by about 5mm, is earth. One of the power pins, I presume
"live", is a designed to be couple of millimeters shorter then
the other two in the example I have here. The plug iw unfused and about the
size of a US plug.

Pete

On 16/05/2005 at 16:48 Jim wrote:

>Does anyone make a bathroom shaver socket with multiple outputs?
>
>Seems a sensible question to me (and a sensible product!) - Two of us
>share the house and we each have our own electric toothbrush that
>wants to permanently live in its own charger. Plus we need a 3rd
>outlet for occasional use of a shaver.
>
>As far as I can see, to achieve this functionality, I would have to
>buy 3 shaver sockets.
>
>I've looked at using a "continental" 2-pin 3-way extension
lead, but