Latest message you have seen: Re: What Multimeter? General HA Use

Re: [Sightly OT] - UPS Question...

Phil,
You need to calibrate the UPS.
Can be done via Powerchute or manually.  100% battery charge and 40%
or greater load.  Then select calibrate option in Powerchute or if
Powerchute not connected then run right down until UPS switches off.
Regards
Andy
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Phil Harris <phil@a...> wrote:
> Anyone here got an APC2200 UPS? (Not XL or RM)
>
> Just replaced the batteries in mine on Friday (after the original
> batteries failed and the UPS was mothballed for a few years) and
this
> morning I see that the "battery capacity" display (the
column of
LEDs to
> the right of the control panel) is flashing.
>
> I don't think I have excessive load on the UPS (only one LED lit on
the
> "load" display on the left of the control panel) but I don't
have a
> manual for the 2200 anywhere that I can find to have a look at what
that
> display flashing means (however I *THINK* it means "your
batteries
are
> buggered").
>
> Does anyone know whether you need to tell the UPS that it has had
new
> batteries fitted or should it be able to work that out for itself?
>
> At the moment I don't have it hooked up to any monitoring software
(I
> only have windows software and my server has "gone linux")
so at
the