Latest message you have seen: RE: {Disarmed} RE: Re: Philips Living Colors LED lights - automation?

Re: Estate Agents & HA was: Fireplace for AV / node 0

  • Subject: Re: Estate Agents & HA was: Fireplace for AV / node 0
  • From: "David Chapman" <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 12:08:57 +0100

I'm struggling with that at the moment and having to think what can be
reversed. It's a selfbuild but plan is to move on in about 5 years. The
light switches for example I've used various remote control and PIR options
but all in the basic white square faceplate so they can be replaced with
normal.

I've put in Cat5 and the plasma will be built into the wall as I can't see
anyone having a problem with that - will probably have a couple of ceiling
speakers in the kitchen but that'll be it.

Biggest decision still to make is Comfort. Current thought are a more
conventional alarm system. All visitors here get asked "brandX"
or "brandY"
questions and a conventional system with panel and code always gets the
vote
because everyone knows how to use it. The voice part of Comfort seems to be
a real turn-off for most people and the normal response when I explain
telephone interface and options is that most of the useful stuff can be
done
easily and cheaply with a Dect ansaphone.

David C