Latest message you have seen: RE: WebChat Now! Smarthome Show Meet Discussion

RE: Uses for a mini-tx system?

>> any suggests as to what else can I do with it?
>
> Calculator?
> Paper weight?
> Door Stop?

You're a real help m8 - that's the sort of answer *I* would give. :}

> /me has a 500VIA and knows what your Mrs is talking about! ;)

I think this one has a 1Ghz processor in it - she mainly used it for web
browsing and word, but it did take AGES to do anything.
Has 256Mb memory in it running xp home - again, in theory, fine.
These via's though are no match for equivalent speed intel or amd chips :(

I have replaced with a 2.8 celery shuttle box which is fine, though
"stupidly" I put MCE on it (could not find my XP pro SP2 serial
and did
not want to go thru the pain of XP + SP1 + SP2 upgrades) which suffers the
same problem XP Home does - mapped network drives do not authenticate on
the network at login so her email.pst (on a mirrored network drive) is
always unavailable on startup :(
clicking on the drive in explorer brings it back, but it's still a pain.
Tried unmapping/remappign drives in a startup batch file, but that didn't
help - will nave to try "upgrading" MCE to XP Pro and do it
properly as I
should have originally...

cheers,

T.