Latest message you have seen: Fw: Popcorn hour?

[Sightly OT] - UPS Question...

  • Subject: [Sightly OT] - UPS Question...
  • From: Phil Harris <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 10:26:34 +0100

Anyone here got an APC2200 UPS? (Not XL or RM)

Just replaced the batteries in mine on Friday (after the original
batteries failed and the UPS was mothballed for a few years) and this
morning I see that the "battery capacity" display (the column of
LEDs to
the right of the control panel) is flashing.

I don't think I have excessive load on the UPS (only one LED lit on the
"load" display on the left of the control panel) but I don't have
manual for the 2200 anywhere that I can find to have a look at what that
display flashing means (however I *THINK* it means "your batteries are
buggered").

Does anyone know whether you need to tell the UPS that it has had new
batteries fitted or should it be able to work that out for itself?

At the moment I don't have it hooked up to any monitoring software (I
only have windows software and my server has "gone linux") so at
the
moment I'm flying a bit blind.

Cheers

Phil