Latest message you have seen: Re: Siemans Gigaset A510(H) handset?

Re: Infra Red Remote extenders and Universal remote

  • Subject: Re: Infra Red Remote extenders and Universal remote
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 19:53:20 -0000

Wow thanks guys, xantech I have seen before but never clicked on it! I
understand now and yes thats exactly what im after!  Have done a bit
of searching and damn its expensive here in the UK! receivers at =A370 a
pop! ouch, quick bit of googling and enhancedht.com have the main unit
at $49.99 and the receivers at $70  shipping is only $16!! can see me
going for that one!

Still needing help on the universal remote tho, will take a look at
the prontos this evening but from what I have seen I don't think thats
what Im after, think im more looking for a 'normal' remote solution
like the logitechs but with some method of doing X10.

Whilst we are at it, can someone reccomend some reading material
and/or software for pc IR control of AV gear.  Preferably customisable
for use with LCD panels around the house if poss (im thinking this may
be done with we browser but all advice appreciated!)
Thanks again,=20
Once again this is a great group!!
Noel

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Frank Mc Alinden" <frankmc@i...>
wrote:
> Hi Noel
>             Have a quick look at my FirM Jr ..cat5 based ir repeater
system
>=20
> http://www.armaghelectrical.com.au/page8.html
>=20