Latest message you have seen: Zipato ZipaBox Wireless Home Automation Controller Mega Review

RE: DH&L - The Men's Room

  • Subject: RE: DH&L - The Men's Room
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 09:47:36 +0100

> From: Rob Mouser [mailto:rob@xxxxxxx]
>
> I admit I was only half watching whilst working but was it just me or
was
> that show seriously *dull*? It had the pace and excitement of a racing
> snail!

LOL. I suppose they were going slowly so as not to out pace less
knowledgeable viewers. Being  a seasoned veteran of HA/Home Cinema you need
to see the time lapse version of the install with long lingering shots of
the finished thing.

I thought some of the "experts" had a problem explaining their
kit but I did
grasp the point that the Marantz projector didnt have a colour wheel after
he mentioned it about 5 times in 15 seconds!

I wasnt overly impressed by the Celebrity Hairdressers ?500K home cinema.
The kit was obviously VERY high end but the way it was set up looked like
an
overcrowded showroom.

The projector looked like a Barco which gives a superb picture when
properly
converged so why the hell have a drop down screen that can flap about in
the
breeze! I laughed when he said about the cost of the "bulbs" for
his
projector :-)

The tacky synthesised voices from the Crestron were awful, you want a nice
human voice sample.  .... and how much does he charge for a bloody
haircut!!!!!

Keith